Skip to content

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

Erasmus+ KA1 Joint Master Degrees


In order to be accepted as an "Erasmus+ KA1 Joint Master Degrees" student, you have to apply to the coordinator at the relevant consortia.

After you’ve been selected by the Consortia, you will do the application and enrolment through a link which you will receive by email from the International Relations Office.

1. Declaration of Equivalent Value

In order to carry out application and enrolment procedures, foreign Erasmus+ KA1 JMDs students must provide a declaration of equivalent value. This document is issued by the Italian consulate or embassy abroad. It confirms that the qualification obtained by the candidate would grant him/her entry to a similar university course in the country in which the qualifications were achieved. The declaration must be applied for as soon as possible since it can often require long processing times!

2. Accommodation

unibz tries to accommodate most Erasmus+ KA1 JMDs students in the facilities for university students, managed by the Autonomous Province of South Tyrol. Each year we reserve a number of single rooms just for Erasmus+ KA1 JMDs students in a centrally located structure. To reserve one of the rooms at € 290 you will apply for it after receiving our welcome email. Be aware that the contract for this accommodation is for 5 or 10 months according if you are staying for one or two semesters. Alternatively you can have a look at our blog for accommodation on the private market and check the local newspapers containing accommodation ads. Rents usually vary from € 350 to € 500 per month for a single room in a shared apartment. If you are a non-EU citizen, you need to have accommodation in order to obtain the student visa to enter Italy.

3. Study Visa for non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens intending to study in Italy must obtain an Italian student visa before entering Italy. Therefore, you have to apply to the Italian diplomatic authority and ask for a study visa. The International Relations Office will issue and send an invitation letter to the Italian Embassy/Consulate nearest you. The Italian Embassy/Consulate is the authority responsible for accepting your application and checking if you meet the requirements for the visa. For more details please check the section in the Student guide.

4. Exchange Students' Guide and Welcome Session

For more specific information health care, language courses at unibz and other information please read our Exchange Students Guide carefully.

The Welcome Session will be organized before the beginning of each semester. During this meeting you will receive all necessary information for studying and living in Bozen-Bolzano, Brixen-Bressanone, Bruneck-Brunico.   

Exchange Students' Guide

Welcome Session

Feedback / Request info