Information on the processing of personal data (Exhibitions and events) according to Article 13 EU Regulation 2016/679 - General Data Protection Regulation
This following information is provided in accordance to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter "GDPR") and regarding the personal data that the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (hereinafter "unibz") comes into possession of for the purpose of registration and participation in information and dissemination events of cultural, educational and research activities, which may also involve audio and video photography of the data subjects.
The processing of personal data is based on principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency, protection of confidentiality of all the rights of those concerned, as specified below.
- The Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, with headquarters in Piazza Università 1, 39100 Bozen-Bolzano, in the person of the President and legal representative pro tempore. The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Types of data
The following personal data may be processed for the purposes indicated in point 3.
– Personal data provided directly by the data subject. Common data, such as personal and identification data (driver’s license / personal ID / passport number) as well as contact data (e-mail, telephone contacts). Data of a particular nature, such as health data, may also be processed.
– Photos and video recordings of the participants at an in-person or hybrid event. Notification with appropriate information will be given / displayed accordingly;
–Photos and video recordings of participants at an online or hybrid event, after prior notification with appropriate disclaimer.
- Purpose of the data processing
The data acquired are processed in order to register the data subject in the event and exclusively for the purposes related to the conduct and dissemination of institutional activities of unibz.
In particular, the data are processed for the following purposes:
– registration to the event of interest;
– participation in the activities of the event;
– information and dissemination of cultural activities, teaching, research and third mission.
- Data processing
The processing of data is carried out in such a way as to ensure maximum security and
confidentiality and can be implemented through manual, computer and telematic tools suitable to store, manage and transmit them.
All images, videos or other audiovisual material recorded during an event in presence may be published on the official communication channels of unibz (website, social media or other) only with permission or for public interests and events
- Parties with an active role in data processing
Data may be processed by subjects qualified as data processors pursuant to art. 28 of the GDPR (hardware and software support companies; accountants; consulting and service companies;..) and by persons (employees and collaborators) specifically authorized to process data pursuant to art. 29 of the GDPR, who operate under the direct authority of the Data Controller, who has instructed them to do so.
- Legal grounds for the processing and nature of the conferment
Legal basis of the processing is art. 6, par. 1, letter e) of the GDPR, and, in case of processing of data of a particular nature art. 9, par. 2, letter g) of the GDPR, as necessary for the performance of institutional tasks of teaching, research or the so-called "third mission".
In case of personal data of minors the legal basis of the processing is art. 6, par. 1, letter a) of the GDPR, i.e. the consent expressed by the parent or legal representative of the person concerned.
The provision of personal data, including images, is essential in order to register in an event.
- Publication of recordings
Images, videos or other audiovisual material acquired during an event may be published on the official communication channels of unibz, if one of the following applies:
– signing of appropriate release by the interested party or, in the case of minors, by the parent/legal representative;
– images related to facts, events, ceremonies of interest to the community or held in public, respecting the honor, reputation and decorum of those concerned.
It should be noted that generally in case of registration of an online or hybrid event with subsequent publication on the unibz internet communication channels (website, social media or other), the anonymity of the participants is guaranteed, as the recording of the event undergoes an editing procedure and only the part with the speakers and/or participants who acted as speakers (e.g. authors, co-authors, etc.) and their presentation are visible.
In the case of an online or hybrid event, recordings in which online participants are also visible may be made available only to event participants on an intranet platform with secure access
- Data recipients
The data may be communicated exclusively for the purposes indicated in chapter 3 to unibz staff and/or independent contractors, professionals and consultants, who provide support activities in the event’s organization.
unibz may also communicate personal data acquired to other public administrations, if necessary and for any procedures of its institutional competence, as well as to all those public subjects to which, in the presence of the relevant prerequisites, the communication is required by Community provisions, laws or regulations.
Personal data will be processed by the Data Controller within the territory of the European Union. If, for technical and/or operational reasons, it is necessary to make use of subjects located outside the European Union, subjects which process personal data on behalf of the Data Controller will be appointed as Data Processors in accordance with article 28 GDPR and the transfer will take place within the limits and conditions set out in Articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR.
- Archiving of data
Personal data related to the registration of the participant will be kept for a maximum period of 10 years in case of events with a participation fee or free events and then irreversibly deleted.
The video recordings will be kept for the period of publication and in any case not beyond the end of the fourth year from the date of the event, for educational and scientific purposes only, and then irreversibly deleted.
- Rights of the data subject (access, rectification and cancellation of data)
The participant may exercise the rights set forth in sections 2, 3 and 4 of Chapter III of the GDPR (e.g., access to personal data, rectification or erasure of the same, restriction of processing of the data or opposition to their processing, etc.) by using the form downloadable from the "Privacy" page on the University's institutional website and sending it to email@example.com. The participant also has the right to revoke consent at any time without, however, affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given prior to revocation. The participant may also file a complaint with a supervisory authority Guarantor of Privacy.
For the publication on the official communication channels of unibz of images (photos, video footage) taken during events which aren't from public interest, the following release form must be signed by the person concerned:
Release for the recording, transmission and publication of one's own images, and for the use of material provided and information in accordance with art. 13, EU Reg 2016/679 "European Regulation on the protection of personal data".
With his or her consent, the participant authorizes the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, in accordance with articles 96 and 97 of law no. 633 of 22 April 1941, in its current version, regarding copyright, and with the European Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), regarding the protection of personal data:
- to record their image and voice during the event (e.g. on Microsoft Teams);
- to publish and use their own images contained in the above footage or in the footage produced in advance, audio, video and written material, without any limits, for educational and institutional purposes on the event website and/or on unibz social media (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event itself;
- only if the participant acts as a speaker: to publish and use their presentation (Pdf, etc.) for educational and scientific purposes on the event website until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event.
The participant also:
- prohibits the use of the recording, whether audio or video, in contexts that undermine personal dignity, decorum and reputation;
- declares that he/she has read and accepted the terms and conditions of processing of personal data in the manner and for the purposes indicated in the same information notice below;
- only if the participant acts as a speaker: he/she declares not to violate any third party rights with the recorded didactic-scientific material and to substantially and procedurally relieve the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano and keep it unharmed from any loss, damage, responsibility, cost or expense, including legal expenses, deriving from or in any way connected to claims or disputes of third parties, relating to the use of the didactic materials by the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano.
Last update: 16/12/2021