Skip to content

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

Information for EU and EEA citizens

Information for EU and EEA citizens

Applying for a unibz PhD programme as a European Union or a European Economic Area citizen (including Switzerland) is not difficult at all. You only need to follow the instructions on this page and you will be able to start or continue your studies at unibz. Please note that if you are an Italian, German or Austrian citizen, you should check the specific pages.

Language requirements

In order to gain admission to some unibz PhD programme, languages are the first requirement you need to fulfil. Check the specific language requirements on the programmes’ pages  and upload a recognised language certificate. If your secondary or higher education was in English, our Language Centre will recognise a C1 in English.

Applying for a PhD Programme

You can check which criteria apply for admission to a specific doctoral programme at unibz on the following page. You can apply either with a Diploma Supplement issued by your home university or with a Statement of Comparability issued by the Italian Centre for Information on Mobility and Academic Equivalences (CIMEA).

Checklist for your successful Application

  1. Apply online, following the guidelines detailed at the end of programme's page and pay the application fee. 
  2. If you see your name in the list of the admitted students, pay the tuition fees to secure your admission. 
  3. If you have not submitted a Statement of comparability or a Diploma Supplement, you will need to provide one by the enrolment deadline.
  4. Enrol and come to South Tyrol in time for the new semester start.