This research area quests on the development of evidence-informed, original and significant approaches to competences and teaching/learning practices for all educational institutions within the global framework of inclusive education values and policies. According to these, the connection between theory and practice orients our research work.
The specific research activities investigate the following topics:
- Educational spaces (formal and informal learning);
- Didactical materials (Montessori, sensorial materials, autonomous work materials…);
- Inclusive teaching and learning practices for heterogeneous groups (from the perspective of Special Educational Needs Issues and/or Gender Issues);
- Teacher professionalism for educational institutions from Nursery, to Kindergarten, Primary School, Secondary School and University;
- Competence-based assessment for students and teachers;
- School quality and development;
- ICT for education (coding and computational thinking);
- ICT for accessibility (with a specific attention for pupils with disabilities);
- Inclusion for students with Special Educational Needs in Teacher Education Programs;
- Social Inclusion inside and outside educational institutions;
- Inclusive school policies.
Coordinator: Prof. Ulrike Stadler-Altmann